• How do I submit routine maintenance requests?

    All routine maintenance requests must be submitted online through your Tenant Access account. Click here to continue.

  • Do I have to be present for a service technician to perform work?

    No, you do not have to be present when work is being performed.

  • How quickly can I expect my request to be performed?

    There are many factors that go into each request and we cannot set a firm schedule. However, we typically begin the process the same day we receive the request to assess the situation and determine the proper course of action. Our goal is typically no more than a 5 business day completion.

  • I do not like the way a repair was done, what should I do?

    Please contact our office immediately so we may investigate the issue. You may be required to submit another work order request through Tenant Access.

  • Can I withhold my rent for items not being corrected to my satisfaction?

    No. Under the VRLTA it is prohibited for a resident to withhold rent for failure to fix items submitted. Please contact our office to discuss your specific situation immediately.

  • What do I do in an emergency?

    If your emergency is life threatening or could have serious consequences, DIAL 911. For other emergencies, please call our 24-hour Emergency Line at 540.434.5150 then dial 7.

  • My water bill was high. What do I do?

    The number one reason a water bill is very high is due to a toilet running frequently or constantly a toilet can consume 25000 gallons or more a month. If you can identify the problem such as a toilet or leaking sink we will have it repaired for you, upon completion of the work you can email Maintenance@Matchboxrealty.com and request a copy of your invoice. This is required for an adjustment. You can download a copy of the form at here Website for reference http://www.harrisonburgva.gov/water-leak-checks

  • Can I change the locks on my home?

    Should you desire to change locks during your tenancy, you must first receive written approval from our office. The work must be done by a licensed locksmith and three keys to each new lock must be provided to our office within 24 hours of the work being done.

  • Can I paint my home a different color?

    You must first receive written authorization from us to paint any part of the property. Unless agreed to in writing, the property must be painted back to the original color by Tenant prior to vacating the property.

  • Troubleshooting

    Air Filter Examples-Correct and Incorrect

    Why You Should Change Your Furnace/AC Filter

    How to Change Your Filter

    How to Keep Your Dryer Working Its Best

    How to Stop a Toilet from Flooding Your House

    How to Reset Your Electrical Breakers

    How to Reset GFI Outlets

    How to Patch Drywall

    How to Choose the Right Picture Hanger for Drywall

    How to Fix the Garbage Disposal

    if you can’t unplug the garbage disposal, turn it off using the circuit breaker

    Cleaning Lint Filter on Edgestar Washer/Dryer Combo (City Exchange Building)

    Utility closet drain maintenance reminder 

    City Exchange, Urban Exchange, Charleston Townes, and 1366 Hunters Ridge bathroom drains

    City Exchange Intercom Instructions

    Urban Exchange Dishwasher... Lock Mode-Won't turn on

    Boush Dryers-Cleaning

    Ice House Mini Split-Dry Mode

    Keezell Microwave-DOOR or OPEN/CLOSE DOOR in Display. 

    If a message baout the door appears in the display, the door has been clsoed for 5 minutes or more withou tth emicrowave oven being started.  This occurs to avoid unintended starting of the microwave oven.  Open and close the door, then start the cycle.